Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want to do oil painting. I want to know how to self-start learning it?

I want step by step lessons and reach to a level of perfection. I want to paint each and every nuance of expressions and colours.I want to do oil painting. I want to know how to self-start learning it?
Alot depends on how much talent you have.You can learn every technique possible from an instructor and videos and books but you need to have a certain amount of natural talent.There are all kinds of recourses available.Instructors,dvd's,books,softwa鈥?etc.Some depends on what you're willing and are able to pay.Are you good at drawing?Do you sketch? Charcoal and pencil aare cheap,as are water colours,to begin learning with. One thing I realized in life (that is free) is to look at everything through an artists eyes.I want to do oil painting. I want to know how to self-start learning it?
Try the About.com/painting website It is full of info 4 the


budding artist and takes into account various forms ie


sketching.pastels.watercolours,acrylic and also oils.
i learn by just playing with it. keep it simple. don't try to do a masterpiece. just start fooling around. you'll get a feel for it.
u can learn step by step oil paintings on youtube.com
I will assume you know how to draw and now want to learn to paint. I am a self taught artist and taught myself to paint with oils using library books and art magazines. The average time it takes to become proficient in this medium is about three years and there is no one book,class, or video that will cover everything you need to know. Alot will depend on you and how much you practice what you learn. I was determined to learn and i'm glad i stuck it out, and you can too. My art can be checked out at hellosanantonio.com under artist name ''Guerro'' in the local artist section. Good luck and have fun with it, you'll learn more.
oil painting is very difficult and expensive..


do you have painting experience?





a good way to introduce yourself to oil is to use oil paint sticks(not pastels)


this will allow you to experiment with the medium as well as the solvents used....once you can control these you can move on to tubes.....


also you may want to take a class...perfection takes time and study

No comments:

Post a Comment