Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to make oil paints dry faster.?

I am making a oil paint picture and I have to do layers is there a way make it dry faster I have tried a blow dryer but that does not work and I heard baking it at 120F degrees works but our oven does not go that low temperature any help to make it dry faster ps. I have alot of titanium white in my picture and that takes the longestHow to make oil paints dry faster.?
Put it in the oven like you heard, but only leave it in there for a couple of seconds at a time. Put it on the lowest temp your oven goes to, and then take it out every 10 seconds and check on it. Don't leave it unattended.How to make oil paints dry faster.?
Mix with Siccative or Medium 5 will help. Or if you only paint with turpentine, it normaly dry in 1-2day if you wouldn't paint thick.
there is a shellac type spray you can buy at the art supply stores that you spray over theoil paints to aid in quicker drying time
well... I use thinner to diluate my colors with. it makes it dry fast

No comments:

Post a Comment