Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I begin to research an oil painting?

I bought this oil painting it is 28'; by 42'; framed and beautiful it is men at the hunt breakfast, not one I have ever seen I know nothing of value or where to begin??How do I begin to research an oil painting?
How about getting an internet picture of it. Then mailing it to someone, like, say, Antiques Roadshow, seriously?





Or a famous art appraiser. Or, possibly, Sotheby's? Places like that, also places listed on Antiques Roadshow.





They always have the names of the auction houses listed underneath the appraiser when he is talking.





I guess there are safe sites where you could load the picture right onto the net, but maybe you want to keep the picture locked up and in a safe place, or insured, before you do. Good Luck.





And you can always check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure a site is safe, or at least get as much assurance as you can get.How do I begin to research an oil painting?
check out
  • web hosting forum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment