Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to value a Oil Painting?

I was handed down 2 oil paintings. One is of a Old man head above a beautiful sea theres a old man setting on a dock with a dog and ship in the distance signed by G. Fobis. The painting is in immaculate condition. I know personally its at least 25 years old. My uncle had it since I was a little girl. How can I find a value for it if any?How to value a Oil Painting?
you could ask these people they seem to have sold one. be as polite as you can, put in a bit personality, as they have no obligation to answer and people asking continually is probably a bit of a drag.





http://www.giguereauction.com/1209_art.h鈥?/a>How to value a Oil Painting?
I would check if the antiques roadshow is going to be in your area so you can get a free apprasial. If not you could try to contact a local antique or art dealer to see if they can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment