Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to use water mixable oil paints?

Do I have to use solvents or other harmful chemicals? Or is the oil paints all I need, and I can just start painting? Is it pretty self explanatory? They say they clean with soap and water. So can I use them in a confined space? I have never used oil paints before. They say they are non toxic, but can I mix them with another brand of oil paints I have that do not have directions, but they are made by Georgian.How to use water mixable oil paints?
Use linseed oil or liquid thinner ,artists quality, to thin your paints. Go to your thrift store/charity shop and get a few books on oil painting for beginners. It`s too expensive to make mistakes, or invest a few pounds/dollars in a beginners guide. Worth every cent.How to use water mixable oil paints?
Oil paints aren't toxic, unless maybe if you eat them, i haven't tried however. In order to paint with them you have to use Turpentine, linseed oil or a turpentine substitute. These you can buy non-toxic.


How to clean brushes:


http://painting.about.com/cs/paintingkno鈥?/a>





Lots of people have painted with oils and few people have died from it, so don't worry about that :p.

No comments:

Post a Comment